Friday, January 13, 2012

Let Me Tell You About Homestuck Part Deux


It's Friday! Friday! Gotta Get Down on Friday! Everybody's ready for the weekend week... ahem, sorry about that. I was supposed to be getting back with you all about the Homestuck event. Now where was I... ah yes, here we go. 

There were plenty of  Homestuck cosplayers at the hangout. They did a pretty decent job with their troll makup and outfits. I wonder how frustrating it was to remove all that body paint off afterwards!






 Trolls Trollin’  LOL!


Everyone who attended the Hangout were asked to bring canned goods to donate to charity.



Over 300 cans were donated; as a fun experiment, the cans were used to build 'Can Town'.


Winner of the Contest

The ones who participated were automatically entered in a contest to donate the most cans.  Naturally, one person won and the prize was a nifty Homestuck scarf.


Can Town at Night



My friends and I spent most of the time drawing at the hangout drawing and singing along to our favorite tunes.







Ashley and Octavia break out into song 


There was a moment when the night turned into a Party when everyone gathered onto the skating rink and started dancing--well everyone except for me;  I found this to be the best time to capture the moment. 
Shayla doing the ROBOT



Work it Gurl!!!








As the hangout was coming to a close we participated in creating a HomeStuck art mural to commemorate our time there.

My Homestuck Art

Shayla's Homestuck Piece

So Many Talented Artist! 




I had a blast! This was my first time being locked in for an event , but it was sweet to try out something new for a change; and hanging out with my best buds made it all the better! Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to post more events such as these. With several anime conventions coming up,  I'm sure I won't miss a moment of it.

So Stay Tuned and See You At the Next Post!

No comments :

Post a Comment